Toadstool Curio Blog
The home of an ecclectic range of paper, digital, fabric and yarn crafts, plus a few mixed media projects to spice things up a bit!

Sunday 18 September 2011

Not Big On Pink




I love pink. I use a lot of pink in my crafting. I also like to wear pink, but it is nice to take a break sometimes. That's what attracted me to the challenge at Our Creative Corner - a challenge to use blue with a little accent in pink. I have made a card formy husband to thank him for decorating my craft room, oops, I mean our dining room! I guess he is glad I didn't ask for that to be pink!


The card is based on blues with some neutral brown, and just a touch of pink in the stickles glitter glue used to highlight some of the detail on the love birds image. The tiny brads in the flowers are my metal element, with ribbon added for good measure and extra texture.


I really enjoyed playing around with textures making this card, carrying the detail on from the stamped image to the background with the simple use of liquid pearls. It represents the colours in the room, with a similar amount of blue, brown and pink.


I have only recently discovered the work of the ladies over at OCC and I know I will be a regular as their designs are really inspiring.

1 comments:

Sharon Wheet said...

Charmayne, I too am a super big fan of pink! I love the different elements of your card! and the coloring is great!
congrats on 'obtaining' a craft room. It makes a difference when you have a seperate space, and place you can leave a work in progress without everyone touching it or moving it.
Thank you for playing along with us @ OCC, and I hope that we see more of your work again!

Post a Comment